20 Questions with Melissa Mayer
Inside Her Closet
This is a series where we'll introduce you to those around the globe living a slow life with a thoughtful closet. Take a minute to read their answers to our 20 questions. What would yours be?
1. What’s your favorite item in your closet?
Levi brown leather jacket
2. How would you describe your style?
3. What is the best style advice you’ve ever gotten?
Dress for yourself
4. What’s the best (general) advice you’ve ever gotten?
Do what you love
5. A quote you live by?
Trust the Lord and leave the consequences to Him - Dr. Charles Stanley
6. What is the most expensive clothing item you’ve ever bought?
Faux fur Madewell coat
7. Do you still have it?
8. Shoes or Bags?
Bags (Hobo bags, that is!)
9. Do you prefer color or black & white?
Black & white
10. The most number of clothing items you’ve donated/set aside after a closet cleanout?
Too many to count
11. What’s a style every woman/man should try at least once in her life?
12. What brings you the greatest joy?
Cooking for loved ones
13. Who is the last person you followed on Twitter or Instagram?
14. What’s the last three items you bought?
Lounge pants, black tee, white lace top
15. What’s an app you can’t live without?
16. What’s currently on your coffee table?
Bible, candle, & coasters on a Homegoods tray
17. What item in your closet do you wear the most?
Black legging jeans
18. What book/article has had the biggest impact on your life?
Jesus Is by Judah Smith
19. What are some things that tend to make you calm?
Reading, chamomile tea, and yoga
20. What is one thing you wish you knew about your style when you were younger?
Don’t worry what others think!